Do you often sweat at night while sleeping? Do you feel uncomfortable in your sleep because you continuously sweat despite having an Air Conditioner in your room? Night sweats are the worst sleeping experience for everyone. If you are a hot sleeper, you must focus on your sleep environment. The bedding you use while sleeping plays a crucial role in the quality of your sleep. Using the wrong kind of bedding may be one of the leading causes of your discomfort during sleep. Switching over to a lightweight reversible comforter can help in better regulation of body temperature and ensures you get a comfortable and relaxing sleep every night.
Not all materials are lightweight. So, all types of comforters will not be light. If your comforter is heavy, you will feel trapped and suffocated and will wake up from your sleep. Swapping your heavy comforters or blankets with a lightweight reversible comforter made with breathable fabrics like linen, cotton, bamboo, or silk can make a big difference in your sleep quality. This article will give you insight into the need for lightweight comforters and some of the best lightweight comforters available in the market.
- 1. Why invest in a Reversible Lightweight Comforter?
- 2. Health benefits of a reversible lightweight comforter
- 3. Down comforters for hot sleepers
- 4. Down versus down alternative reversible comforters
- 5. The best lightweight reversible comfortersr
- 6. FAQs about Lightweight Reversible Comforter
- 7. Conclusion
1. Why invest in a Reversible Lightweight Comforter?
There are several reasons why a person sleeps hot. Night sweats can be caused due to hormonal issues, certain medications, menopause, some chronic diseases, etc. No matter what the reasons for your night sweats are, making changes in your bedding items can help you fight this problem better. For those who sleep hot, is investing in a reversible lightweight comforter the right decision? A comforter is made with two sets of fabric sewn together with a filling inside. Each of us wants to snuggle into a cozy and comfortable bed and enjoy a good night’s sleep. So, even if you are a hot sleeper, you can enjoy a relaxing sleep with a breathable, lightweight reversible comforter. The benefits of investing in a lightweight comforter are:
- Breathable: Nowadays, comforters are made with natural, breathable materials such as cotton, linen, down, silk, etc. These materials are good at absorbing moisture and heat and keeping your body cool. Thus, comforters can be used in all seasons. You need not buy different bedding items for different seasons.
- Warmth: Comforters give you warmth according to your need. The breathable materials of comforters keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. So, your body gets the required warmth.
- Softness: Comforters are made with soft materials which are smooth on the skin. Most comforters are made with breathable, hypoallergenic materials, which are recommended for allergy-prone people.
- Longevity: Most comforters are made with materials that are easy to clean and require minimal maintenance. Thus, you invest once and get the return on the investment for a longer period.
- Versatility: comforters are available in different sizes, colors, and patterns. The materials used for making a lightweight reversible comforter range from cotton, silk, linen, eucalyptus, and bamboo to microfiber. So, you can choose from a wide range of options depending on your needs, choices, and budget.
- Luxury: Having a lightweight comforter in your bedroom, especially a down reversible comforter means you are adding luxury to your space.
When it comes to a good night’s sleep, we cannot put a price on it. We all long for a comfortable sleep after the whole day’s work. So, investing in a lightweight reversible comforter means you are investing in your good health.
2. Health benefits of a reversible lightweight comforter
If you feel too cold or hot during the night, it can interrupt your sleep, thus reducing the overall quality of sleep. When you buy a lightweight reversible comforter for your bed, you get comfortable sleep which provides the following health benefits.
- Improved mood
- Improved hearth health
- Reduced risk of obesity
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and infections
- Reduced depression
- Quicker reflexes
- Improved concentration
- Improved immunity system
Some top options for a cooling, lightweight reversible comforter are:
- Sustainable materials: some comforter brands get certification from CertiPUR-US or OEKO-TEX, which indicates that the material used for making the comforter does not have any harmful material.
- Allergen-resistant materials: Many people are sensitive to dust, pet dander, dust mites, mold, pollen grains, and other allergens. So, they should choose an antimicrobial material for their comforters. Choosing the down alternative material is also recommended for these people.
3. Down comforters for hot sleepers
Down comforters are considered the best for hot sleepers. A down lightweight reversible comforter is a type of comforter designed with high-quality outer fabric and ultra-soft down feathers of geese, ducks, and swans. Some of the attributes of down comforters that make them the best choice for hot sleepers are:
- Breathability: Down is a natural material. It expands and allows air circulation. Thus air can enter and exit in a down comforter quickly. It helps in regulating the body temperature better. So, when you use a down reversible lightweight comforter, you are sure to enjoy a comfortable and relaxing sleep.
- Fill: the down comforters can have different types of down, and each varies in its warmth. For example, the geese’s down is warmer than the ducks’ down.
- Fill power: This is an important attribute when you choose a reversible lightweight comforter. Fill power indicates the warmth, loft, and quality of a comforter. The higher the fill power, the better the comforter is. The fill power of a down comforter is measured as the amount of space occupied by one ounce of down. Down is a lightweight material. It can enhance the fill power of a comforter without adding any extra weight.
- Moisture absorption: The comforter with a higher moisture-wicking capacity is ideal for hot sleepers. When moisture is absorbed, the body will become cool and help you get a comfortable sleep. That is why you should always look for a lightweight comforter that is made with a material with high moisture-absorption properties.
- The cover material: For a relaxing sleep, you would like to have a comforter with a smooth and soft outer cover. So, silk, cotton, bamboo, polyester, etc. are some materials that are smooth to the skin. They do not cause any rashes on the skin.
- Thread count: The higher the thread count, the softer the fabric is. So, check the thread count of the outer cover material of your reversible lightweight comforter so that you get an ultra-soft lightweight comforter for use.
- Comforter construction: Another aspect of checking the quality of a comforter is its stitching. The baffle-box stitching is the best type of comforter construction. In this construction, the fill material is put into square boxes or baffles. So the fill remains in place and does not create cold pockets.
4. Down versus down alternative reversible comforters
Hot sleepers can choose between down and down alternative lightweight reversible comforters. The traditional down comforters are more lightweight, breathable, and warmer than the down alternative comforters. But, down comforters are more expensive than their counterparts. Additionally, down comforters are not recommended for allergy-prone people as they can aggravate allergic symptoms in them. Down comforters cannot be washed at home as they need professional cleaning. But, you can easily clean and maintain a down alternative comforter. So, when choosing your lightweight reversible comforter, you must consider the pros and cons.
5. The best lightweight reversible comforters
Find here the details of seven lightweight reversible comforters. You can go through them and choose the most appropriate one.
(1) Amazon Basics Reversible, Lightweight Microfiber Comforter
This Slumbercloud cooling lightweight comforter uses NASA-approved outlasting technology. The use of outlasting technology in these comforters ensures that your body temperature is stored and released to remain comfortable throughout the night. This comforter has down alternative filling, which makes it lightweight. The cover material is 100% cotton which helps your body to remain calm. This comforter comes with a 60-day free trial. According to the company, users will feel natural down when they use this down alternative comforter. It comes in two varieties- lightweight and regular variety. It is hypoallergenic, so allergy-prone people can also use it. This lightweight comforter comes with OEKO-TEX certification. The comforter comes in white color only. The only hitch is that the price is in the higher range. But, if you do not want to compromise your sleep, then it is the right choice for a hot sleeper.
(2) Homelike Moment Lightweight Comforter Set Queen Reversible
This lightweight comforter is designed for hot sleepers. The outer fabric is 100% cotton which is smooth, breathable, and ideal for allergy-prone people. The fill is recycled European down. This comforter is available in three weight options. This lightweight comforter is treated with ultra-fresh antimicrobials. The baffle-box stitching keeps the fill material in place. You can also use a duvet cover for this comforter. This comforter has loops on every corner to attach to the duvet cover. When you snuggle into this reversible lightweight comforter, you will feel the cloud-like softness. You will get warmth without the weight.
(3) Homelike Moment Queen Lightweight Reversible Comforter Gray
You cannot put a price for your comfort and a good night’s sleep. This lightweight reversible comforter is an ideal solution for hot sleepers. It comes with double-sided cooling. It cools your body and keeps you warm. It is made with ultra-soft luxurious material. The material is quick at absorbing moisture and heat. The cooling effect is created with non-toxic and hypoallergenic materials, which are soft for the skin. You can wash this reversible comforter at home in the washing machine. The highly specialized knitting technology in this comforter makes it a preferred choice for hot sleepers. It is like cooling off in cold water on a summer night.
(4) Atarashi Lightweight Queen Reversible Comforter
Price: starting from $58.99
With this down alternative comforter, you can indulge in a luxurious sleep every night. The outer fabric is soft 300 TC 100% cotton. This fluffy, ultra-soft comforter with hexagonal boxes is hypoallergenic. The cluster-loft down alternative fill will give you the feel and touch of down minus the birds. This comforter has OEKO-TEX certification, so it is free from any toxic substance.
(5) Exclusivo Mezcla Lightweight Reversible 3-Piece Comforter Set
This lightweight reversible comforter is made with down alternative microfiber. The users will get the same feel as the goose down, but it will not cause any allergic reaction. The outer cover is made with soft polyester that is soft to the skin. There are loops at each corner of this lightweight comforter so that you can use it with a duvet cover. This comforter is availed in seven colors and different sizes, such as Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. People with a tight budget can opt for this lightweight comforter.
(6) Downluxe Lightweight Solid Reversible Comforter Set
Made with sustainable materials, the Buffy Breeze Comforter is breathable and lightweight. This down alternative comforter is a bit more expensive than many others, but you would love it because of its soft lyocell cover. It is an ideal solution for hot sleepers. This lightweight, the temperature-regulating comforter is made with eucalyptus, which maintains your body temperature in all seasons. You will get it in different sizes ranging from Twin to California King.
(7) Hboemde Twin Size Lightweight Reversible Comforter
The temperature-regulating lightweight comforter is made with 100% natural alpaca wool filling and 100% cotton as the outer fabric. The comforter is soft, luxurious, and durable. It regulates the body temperature in all seasons. The filling is hypoallergenic and is lanolin free. So it does not trigger any allergic reaction. Now, hot sleepers can enjoy a cozy good night’s sleep with this lightweight wool comforter.
6. FAQs about Lightweight Reversible Comforter
6.1 What is the meaning of a reversible comforter?
A reversible comforter has two designs or colors on two sides. You get the benefit of using two comforters by investing in one. If you want to change the look and mood of your bedroom instantly, you can reverse the comforter’s side.
6.2 What are the fill materials of a lightweight reversible comforter?
A lightweight reversible comforter can be made with down feathers or down-alternative materials. Down is the small cluster of feathers under the larger feathers. Down is a soft and breathable material, so they provide breathability and warmth. People allergic to down feathers can choose down-alternative materials, such as cotton, polyester, microfiber, etc.
6.3 Who are hot sleepers?
People who cannot sleep comfortably as they continuously sweat throughout the night are hot sleepers. No matter if it is winter or the best quality AC is used in the room, these sleepers find it difficult to sleep because they feel excessively hot.
6.4 What type of lightweight reversible comforters is suitable for hot sleepers?
For hot sleepers, the best comforter materials can be cotton, silk, linen, bamboo, eucalyptus, etc. They can opt for down feathers as filling if they are not allergic to feathers. But, for allergy-prone people, the recommended filling materials are microfiber, cotton, etc.
6.5 Which GSM comforter is the best?
The lightweight reversible comforter with a thread count of 220-290 GSM is the best. These comforters are suitable for fall, winter, and spring in warm climate zones.
6.6 Which is better- microfiber or cotton?
Both cotton and microfiber are recommended materials for a reversible lightweight comforter. Both can be washed easily, but microfiber is wrinkle-resistant, while cotton is not. Compared to cotton, microfiber is less likely to lose its shape. Microfiber is highly durable.
If you are a hot sleeper, you may not feel comfortable with a winter comforter. If you always sleep cold, then you may need a warm reversible comforter, such like this PeaceNest 3-Piece Plush to Sherpa Down Alternative Comforter Set, which features premium sherpa to provide exceptional warmth. The winter comforter will make you feel trapped and hot due to its weight and thick less-breathable fabrics. Using a lightweight comforter is the best solution for you. With a lightweight reversible comforter, your bed will be like a sanctuary for you as it will help you remain cool at night. Some of the best lightweight comforters are designed to keep the hot sleepers cozy and comfortable while preventing overheating. A lightweight reversible comforter is available in varieties of outer fabrics. You can also choose the type of filling you want in your comforter. The list of lightweight reversible comforter is made based on breathable materials, temperature regulating features, and lightweight construction to keep the users sweat-free and cool all night. Sweating throughout the night affects the sleep quality of a person negatively. If body temperature is not regulated during sleep, it may lead to insomnia or a sleep disorder. If you suffer from a sleep disorder for a prolonged time, it will impact your day-to-day life and may cause serious health hazards. This article will guide you in choosing the right kind of lightweight reversible comforter to stay cool at night and have a good night’s sleep.