When winter is knocking at the door, it is wise to start preparing for it. If your old comforter is not fit to be used this winter, you must consider buying a new one. Winter is the time when you like to cuddle up under your quilt or comforter and get comfortable and cozy. Often people fail to choose the right winter bedding and spend more. There are different types of winter beddings, such as duvets, quilts, comforters, or dohars, which you can choose from, to keep yourself warm and comfortable while sleeping. These bedding items are made with different types of materials. Velvet is one of the most luxurious, soft, and warm materials for any bedding item. So, you should consider buying a reversible velvet comforter set this winter. It will be a great addition to your bed if rightly chosen. This article will guide you about various types of winter beddings, how to choose them, and why a velvet reversible comforter is cold weather MVP.
With a reversible velvet comforter set, you can bring an elegant look to your bedroom. You can get a velvet comforter set in solid colors or patterns. They can uplift the look and feel of your bedroom instantly.
- 1. The warmest fabric for winter: Velvet
- 2. Advantages of Velvet Fabric
- 3. Types of winter bedding
- 4. Why a Reversible Comforter Set is the Cold Weather MVP
- 5. Best Reversible Velvet Comforter Set for winter
- 6. Conclusion
1. The warmest fabric for winter: Velvet
You need comfortable bedding on chilly days. What can be better than having a luxurious and warm comforter on your bed? There are different types of materials used for making winter bedding. With so many choices of bedding materials, it can be difficult for you to choose the right one. Some of the materials used for making winter bedding are discussed here.
Wool is a natural material and is the material that comes to your mind when you think of winter bedding. Wool is warm and can absorb moisture. Wool is the right choice for hot sleepers in winter when it comes to buying quilts or comforters. Wool is a breathable fabric. Thus it can help in regulating body temperature. Choosing wool for winter bedding material may not be the right choice for people who have sensitive skin. Some people get itchy skin when they use woolen items.
Cotton is also a great choice for winter bedding, especially for those who are allergic to wool. Cotton is a natural fabric. It is breathable and can soak moisture. Thus, cotton is the preferred choice for the outer material of comforters and quilts. Cotton can be washed and maintained easily. The down-filled cotton comforters are good for all seasons for their lightweight, warmth, and breathability.
Another good choice for winter bedding material is fleece. It is a synthetic material that gives a soft and cozy feeling. It is an ideal choice for those looking for lightweight and warm comforters and other winter bedding. Fleece is lighter than wool but can give a good amount of warmth. It has good moisture absorption capability, so it helps in regulating your body temperature. For hot sleepers, fleece bedding can be a good choice.
Silk bedding is luxurious. Silk is a soft yet strong material. Silk is a natural material. Thus it is a perfect choice for bedding for all seasons. The silk has antibacterial and antifungal properties. So, they are good for people who are prone to allergies.
Velvet is an ultra-soft material preferred for winter bedding items for its softness, comfort, and luxury. There are a few comforters that can make your bedroom cozy, and comfortable and a reversible velvet comforter set is one of them. A velvet reversible comforter can enhance the mood of your bedroom quickly.
2. Advantages of Velvet Fabric
We won’t want more if we get a soft bedspread and a luxurious and cozy velvet reversible comforter on a wintery night. For chilly nights, a reversible velvet comforter set is a must for your bedroom. Velvet is a thick fabric. Thus it can provide the right kind of protection from the cold. Moreover, the shiny look of the velvet gives an elevated look to your bed.
2.1 Advantages of using velvet comforters in the winter
There are many benefits of using a velvet reversible comforter in the winter.
- Soft to the skin: Velvet is extremely biocompatible with the human body. It is very smooth and is the perfect choice for delicate skin. These are soft like silk but are cheaper than silk. So, those who cannot buy a silk comforter can opt for a velvet reversible comforter for softness and luxury at a much lower price.
- Good insulation property: Velvet fabric has good insulation properties, so it keeps you warm during winter.
- Easy to maintain: Velvet is wrinkle-resistant, so you can wash them easily. A velvet reversible comforter requires minimal maintenance and is extremely durable.
- Breathable: A velvet reversible comforter is breathable thus; it is an ideal fabric for all seasons. A Velvet reversible comforter is a perfect choice for hot sleepers on a wintry night as velvet can absorb moisture and regulate body temperature.
3. Types of winter bedding
Winter is the time when we look for a cozy and warm place. We need the right winter bedding to beat the cold during sleep. There are different types of winter bedding items. Each one has specific features and advantages. You can select the right winter bedding according to your need, preference, and budget.
- Quilts: These are traditional blankets with a cover. Quilts are usually made of cotton or silk fabric of different colors and shades. They have cotton or fiber filling, thus making them a perfect winter bedding item. One of the most common types of quilt is the patchwork quilt. Traditionally, quilts come with many decorative stitches.
- Dohar: This is a lightweight quilt and is handy to be used for a pleasant cold winter climate. A Dohar has an outer cover made with cotton and a lighter filling of cambric. Thus, a dohar is flatter than a quilt.
- Before you choose your winter bedding, you should also consider some other factors, such as GSM, thread count, and breathability.
- GSM or Fill power: GSM (Grams per square meter) is the weight of the fill material per square meter of the comforter, duvet, or quilt.
- Thread count: The thread count is the number of threads woven in the top and bottom fabrics of the winter bedding item. The higher the thread count of a fabric, the softer it is.
- Breathability: The ability of a fabric or fill material to allow moisture or air to circulate through it is the breathability of the fabric. The bed linen fill material and outer fabric should have higher breathability so that you do not fill stuffy and do not sweat while sleeping.
4. Why a Reversible Comforter Set is the Cold Weather MVP
We have often heard people describing an extra soft and smooth item by saying- “as smooth as velvet”. Whether you are a hot or a cold sleeper, you will enjoy a good night’s sleep under a cozy and luxurious velvet reversible comforter. A royal velvet reversible comforter set is the appropriate bedding for chilly winter months. The winter is the time to invest in a good quality velvet reversible comforter. The velvet is weightier than cotton and linen, so it is a perfect material for different types of winter bedding. It is soft and luxurious, so you can enjoy a good night’s sleep with a velvet reversible comforter.
A reversible comforter has two different sides having two different patterns or colors. A velvet reversible comforter may also have a pattern on one side and a solid color on the other.
5. Best Reversible Velvet Comforter Set for winter
Are you confused with too many options for a velvet reversible comforter set? It is a daunting task to go through the features of all types of reversible comforters. We have made a list of popular reversible comforter sets so that you can make an informed choice.
Customer rating: 4.9/5
- This luxurious reversible velvet comforter is covered with top-quality sherpa material. It is also filled with 3D high-quality microfibers.
- This is a highly breathable, durable, soft, and comfortable comforter for the winter.
- This velvet reversible comforter set contains one comforter, pillow sham and pillow cover. You can buy this comforter set to elevate the look and feel of your bedroom. It can also be a good choice for a gift.
- It is a machine washable comforter set and is available in different sizes and colors.
2) Shalala Velvet Comforter Set
Customer rating: 4.4/5
This contemporary reversible velvet comforter set can create a unique look for your bed and elevate the look of your bedroom. The polyester fabric used for making this comforter set is an ideal choice for warm sleeping. The fill material of this comforter is 100% polyester. Thus it is hypoallergenic and can be used by allergy-prone people. It contains a quilt and two pillow shams. You can machine wash this comforter set, but you should not bleach it. The company gives a 30-day return and return guarantee on this comforter set.
3) KASENTEX Plush Poly Velvet Lavish Design Quilt Set with Reversible Shu Velveteen Sherpa
Made with soft and cozy velvet, this reversible velvet comforter set contains one comforter and two standard pillowcases. The comforter set is not only an ideal bedding addition to your bedroom to enjoy a comfortable sleep but also a nice gift item on Christmas, birthdays, Thanksgiving, and other occasions. You can machine wash this comforter set with cold water. You have to comb the fleece to get back the smoothness and fluffiness after washing. You will get this velvet reversible comforter set in different sizes, Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
Customer Rating: 4.6/5
4) Intelligent Design Felicia Luxe Comforter Velvet Lush Double-Sided Diamond Quilting
Customer rating: 4.2/5
This luxurious and cozy comforter set has an elegant look. This reversible velvet comforter set. This set has one comforter, one standard sham, and two Toss pillows. This comforter is designed to provide a quality sleeping experience to the users on a chilly night. The right amount of down alternative filling ensures you get a cozy feeling when you use this comforter. The down alternative filling makes this bedding item a perfect one for allergy-prone people. You can machine wash this comforter set with cold water. It is wrinkle-free and lightweight.
5) Fraiche Maison Allen Plaid Velvet
Customer rating: 4.6/5
Made with breathable cotton, this velvet reversible comforter comes with one flat sheet, one comforter, one comforter cover, and two pillow cases. This comforter set is good for sensitive skin. It is a perfect bedding selection for hot sleepers as it is made with breathable material. It can be used as an AC blanket in summer and an insert comforter in the winter.
6) Amazon Basics Ultra-Soft Micromink Sherpa Reversible Comforter
Customer rating: 4.6/5
Made with breathable cotton material, this velvet reversible comforter set is good for sensitive skin. Being a breathable material, this comforter can absorb moisture and heat thus keeping your body cool at night. It is an ideal comforter for hot sleepers. Not only a winter bedding item but this comforter can be used in the summer. It comes with five items- a comforter, pillows, and pillowcases.
7) KASENTEX Luxury Velvet Plush Fleece Micromink Down Alternative Comforter Set with Stripe Design Soft Bedding, Reversible and Machine Washable
Customer rating: 4.3/5
This stylish velvet reversible comforter is available as a set of one comforter, one quilt, a pillow sham, and a coverlet. This soft and luxurious comforter set is made with 100% polyester filling. This offers a warm and comfortable sleep. The geometrical stitching of this comforter gives it a posh look and ensures that the fill material is not displaced. This luxurious comforter set is machine washable with cold water. It is a highly durable comforter so, it is a good investment.
8) FlySheep Luxury Faux Fur King Size Comforter Set Shaggy Velvet Navy Long Hair, Plush Sherpa Backing Reversible Bedding Set Warm for Winter
Customer rating: 4.5/5
If you want to give a luxurious look to your bedroom, this luxurious and elegant-looking reversible velvet comforter is the right choice. Made with soft, breathable material, this comforter set comes with a bed sheet, pillow cover, and duvet cover. You can glam your bedroom with this crushed crinkle velvet.
9) Chic Home Westmont comforter set
Price: $ 147.64
Customer rating: 4.5/5
Made with luxurious velvet material, this comforter set is filled with hypoallergenic material. This is a perfect combination of style and comfort. This is a perfect bedding item to elevate your bedroom décor. The multidimensional crushed and crinkle velvet adds a wow factor to your bed. It comes with a pillow sham and pillow. It is an ideal gift set for your loved ones.
10) Pottery Barn Velvet Tufted Reversible Comforter
Customer Rating: 4.6/5
This reversible velvet comforter is available in full, queen, king, and call king sizes. The material is cotton velvet and the filling is polyester which is breathable and hypoallergenic. This comforter is machine washable. You will get this in three shades, ruby red, blush, and light grey.
Velvet is a fabric that has been in use for centuries. It never went out of fashion. Whether you are looking for your living room furnishing items or your bedroom accessories, few fabrics are smoother, softer, or more luxurious than velvet. Whether it is a velvet blanket or a velvet reversible comforter, velvet is often used to inspire the décor of space with luxuriousness. But the look of the velvet fabric is not the only reason that has made it one of the favorite fabrics for winter bedding. Velvet is the perfect material to create a welcoming and cozy atmosphere in your bedroom on a winter night. Velvet bedding also gives your versatility as it comes in different designs. You may choose bedding with a monochrome color of your choice or patterns, such as floral, abstract, ethnic, geometrical, stripes, and checks. A royal velvet reversible comforter set is a great way to add a cozy factor to your bedroom space while maintaining the elevated look of the space, such as the PeaceNest 3-Piece Plush to Sherpa Down Alternative Comforter Set listed above.